Many thanks to a long list of volunteers for planning and executing another spectacular day of family fun for the Prestonwood Forest community! The fantastic 4th of July ‘Parade, Picnic and Pool Activities’ best illustrates how our unique community ‘runs and funs’ on resident-volunteer energy!
A special thank you is also extended to:
• Pam and Bob Hughes for generously donating all of the small American flags, again this year!
• Bonnie and Pat O’Neill and the many Prestonwood Forest Block Captains for their time and energy to distribute and place all of the donated flags in front of 786 Prestonwood Forest homes!
• The 4th of July Parade Committee resident-volunteers; Delia Dunavin, Michelle Smith, Claudette McCamley, Renita Ramirez , Maria Bryce and Maria Martinez for their time, effort and enthusiasm with planning, organizing and kicking-off this year’s Parade.
• Gary Craig, Ted Karis, J.R. Allen, Derryl York, John Broadfoot and the Prestonwood Forest Utility District for, again, underwriting the ‘Picnic in the Park’ food services for our residents and their holiday guests. (James Coney Island served our residents and guests 800 hotdogs in 2 hours!)
• Jim Schier and the Knights of Columbus Color Guard for proudly displaying the ‘Stars and Stripes’ and leading the Parade!
• Our very important ‘First Responders’:
o The Cypress Creek Volunteer Fire Department (E- 23) for entertaining all on the parade route with an impressive array of vehicles and providing the very popular fire hose ‘shower’ after the parade!
o Brent Cook and the Harris County Constable Precinct 4 Office, for bringing the large ‘duce and a half’ truck, used in the Cypress Creek flood rescues along with other unique vehicles and for ensuring the safety of our parade participants!
• Sherri Carey and her team at High Sierra Management for once again coordinating a long list of vendor activities, extending the Precinct 4 and CCVFD parade invitations and performing the event’s procurement tasks.
• The Prestonwood Forest Maintenance Association board members, Luis Dunavin, Jesse Green, Larry Hogan and Steve Jackson who generously donated their time and energy with the overall event planning, the ‘heavy lifting’ with event-day activities, and the always exciting ‘post-event cleanup’ tasks.
• ALL of the parade participants - individuals and groups – for “rolling and strolling” with everyone and everything decked out in the “red, white and blue”!
Please be sure to visit this website’s “Event Photo Gallery
” to contribute your photos of the 4th of July Parade, Picnic and Pool Activities, and view those contributed by your friends and neighbors!
The next Prestonwood community event is the “Fall Festival” - please watch for an upcoming announcement of that event’s ‘Planning Meeting’. Resident volunteers are essential to the success and evolution of Prestonwood’s family events, and participation is open to all.